Part 2 - Goal Setting


The “something new” that I will try this year is something that is pretty much required now in order to succeed in DP. I’ve never been a very organized person, mostly relying on my memory when it comes to deadlines and homework, which will become very hard now with a much larger work load. So, simply writing down all homework, and the due date for it will be a relatively new experience for me. In terms of a personal goal, I would say having a mix of both going to the gym and going to football practices will be something that I have not really tried before. I’ve always felt that the practices were enough exercise (especially since I’ve had at least 3 a week up until now), but that is changing now meaning I needed to find something else to fulfil my healthy requirements. So, having that mix will be an important goal for me this year.


            A big part of English class is being able to analyze texts and well, everything that uses language in order to understand it more. That will be very important if I go on to pursue the careers I am looking at now (Business or Economics) as choices and looking at all the possible outcomes of actions are important skills you need in order to be successful. So, my goal to be the head of my own business that I have created by the time I’m 30 will contribute a lot to that goal. I am also planning on going to university in England, which of course is where the language that I will be using the most comes from. So, simply having a strong core in English will be important to live and learn there. My main goal for every important event in my life (End of Grade 12, End of University, and by the time I’m 30) was to simply be happy. Like I said before, I am a very deep thinker, so analysis is a big part of that. So, in order to be happy, as I have experienced it, I need to be able to sustain that kind of thinking. So, English I feel is a great fit for my goal of happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 - Bio

Okonkwo Character Analysis

In what ways could Wallace's theory be applicable to Their Eyes Were Watching God?