Hi, my name is T ómas Egilsson, and welcome to my blog. I am 16 years old, from Seltjarnarnes, Iceland, and study at Raha International School. I have few strong interests, and lots of milder ones. I´ll only focus on the main ones today. I am a huge Liverpool fan, and follow football and the English Premier League religiously. I rarely ever miss a match, unless I simply don ’t have time. I was able to go to Anfield, for a Liverpool vs Stoke match, which we won (notice the use of “we” when speaking about Liverpool) 4-1. Other than football, I enjoy films quite a bit. My personal project was a collection of 24 film reviews all packed into one big book. Comedies are my favorite genre, closely followed by a good thriller. I play a lot of video games (but that’ll most likely change with DP), and I will beat you at FIFA. As years have gone by, I have learned about the importance of family. My 27-year old brother is my best friend (Sorry Rainier and Madhav) and every year I become ...
What is the significance of Okonkwo’s character? What does he represent or is symbolic of? He is symbolic of everything that the Umuofian society stands for. He is materialistic, and loves being successful. He aspires to reach to top ranks of his society, and is determined to achieve his goals. He is hard working, strong, and brave, everything that a man should be in his society. He does not follow in the footsteps of his father but rather deviates from him and will do anything to not end up like him. His society does not believe in a man that benefits from his own father's success but rather must build his own success. He is significant in that he is considered important within his society. He is well known and someone that the young men of Umuofia should aspire to be like. However, he is also human. He deals with a lot of internal conflict, mainly centered around the fact that he will do anything to not be like his father which has it's downsides. His father was a very lo...
The article “How to Pay for a Baby” by Kool A.D. uses lots of slang and expletives in order to disguise itself as a lousy advice article on how to handle to the financial aspect of having children, when in reality it is an entertaining, and sophisticated criticism of American capitalism. The article starts with the phrase “I’mma keep it 100 with y’all,”. Already a use of slang, and diction that you would not expect from an article with this title. So, with this we start to assume that this is simply a crappy article. While the author has us in this state of mind, he slips a little clue into the second sentence as to what the real purpose of the article is, testing whether you’re paying attention. Speaking about how costly babies are as they grow up, he mentions their “susceptibilities to advertising tactics” therefore becoming more expensive. Now, in the second paragraph, there is evidence of entertainment as A.D. says “most likely you’re bad at planning ahead and thinking things thr...
Comments
Post a Comment